What’s up guys? Oh my gosh!! it’s been forever since my last blog post, literally forever! Writing this made me remember how much it takes to push out content for my blog, better put, how much effort it takes when it comes to anything one really cares about. It’s a lot of work and commitment, especially when you want to be intentional. I had really big plans for my blog in 2019, but things happen which is okay sometimes plus I used that time to focus on building my IG page, which by the way, y’all should definitely check out and you know, follow. Anyways, for my first post in 2020 I thought why not break the potential awkwardness we might have going here, get out of our comfort zone a bit – break the ice if you will.
My team and I came up with this Q&A type session. Some questions were intentionally random, some were from my family and a few questions were found online. Vulnerability right? I’m kinda nervous but I hope this helps in the process of us connecting one post at a time.
Also feel free to ask yourselves or your family & friends these types of questions as well. Hopefully you will get to know them a bit more. Pleasant surprises.
Ok, enough small talk, let’s get to it.
- What was the biggest lesson you learnt a decade ago? The importance of community. I have been hurt a lot by people in the past decade of my life which kinda made me a little cold. So naturally, I isolated myself and invested in really shallow relationships – nothing too deep, nothing too serious. However that did not bring peace, obviously. Eventually God taught me how to trust people not because of them but because of Him, yes life is full of disappointments and hurts but it’s also full of awesome moments and fun. We need each other.
- What’s your lucky #? I honestly don’t have any. Wait Is that like bad luck? Ugh.
- How will you define life based on your experiences? An adventure full of unexpected surprises. “Twists and turns.” Some of those surprises we are prepared for and anticipate and others catch us off guard. What we do in those moments when life throws us a curve ball is crucial, it determines whether we rise or fall.
- Would you rather be a feather or a stone? What? Lol umm I honestly don’t care. Sorry.
“Life is an adventure full of unexpected surprises. Twists and turns.”
- What are the struggles of being a first born child? LOL, very interesting. Let’s see, always being blamed for my siblings mistakes, growing up way too fast, being responsible for almost everything, like literally everything was my fault. Then there is the pressure to lead by good example even in moments where all you just want to do is have fun and go a little off the rails. Yeah…wouldn’t trade it for the world though. Love those #%^*@ with all my heart.
- What were the struggles of being an illegal immigrant? *Sigh* At that phase of my life, honestly I can’t even say. I was just so scared it would never come to end. Man, that was a tough one. Even more than I will ever realize.
- Do you believe in aliens? Nope!! Thank you, next.
- Why blogging? I blog to share my life experiences with others. I blog to connect with people, I blog to express myself. I blog with hopes to encourage others. Blogging is also a way to show myself that once upon a time, this shy and timid girl who couldn’t look people in the face, is now bold and courageous, doing sorta kinda big things as she hits the PUBLISH button.
“I blog with hopes to encourage others.”
- Why should anyone read your blog? Why should anyone do anything? We all are searching, we want to connect. It’s not so much finding answers, it’s more so being relatable. Here is my hope. I hope when you read my blog you get inspired, I hope you are encouraged and know that we all go through things in life that might be similar, I hope, that by what you see and what you read, that you become a better person, that you share, and more importantly I hope we can all be a community that uplifts each other.
- What does creativity mean to you? Creativity is a form of expression. Anyone can be creative, just express yourself to the fullest.
- What’s your take on death? I think about it a lot actually. Death Is a sad moment for those left behind, but it’s not the end for those who are gone. I thank God for Christ who gave us eternal life through his death.
- In one word, what would you say is the most important thing in life? God.
“I want to be someone that encourages and comforts others through various forms of expression.”
- Who are you? Wendy. Haha, y’all thought I was gonna be deep? Nope! Thank you, next.
- What experiences have shaped you? Hmmmm, I mean A LOT. Almost losing my left leg when I was 9 due to a surgical malpractice in Nigeria (ugh my country, why) kinda started the shaping. This experience resulted in me getting another surgery in Germany to correct what was wrong. I was young and at times very self conscious, almost felt like I wasn’t really normal, but as they say perception is everything. I don’t walk perfectly but I walk okay, I am grateful I can run, and most definitely wear heels because there was a time I couldn’t and I thought I would never be able to.
- What do you want to be in life? Someone that encourages and comforts others through various forms of expression.
- What’s in your fridge right now? It’s kinda sad but my fridge is empty.
” I feel like sometimes we are so used to waking up, going to work and doing the same thing over and over again that it’s so normal to us. “
- Are you superstitious? Nope. I don’t believe in Mami water or Friday the 13th lol.
- What is something you learned last week? Life is short. With the unfortunate passing of Kobe Bryant, his daughter and the rest of the passengers (May their souls rest in perfect peace) I learnt once again that everyday is a blessing. Spend time with those you care about because you just don’t know about tomorrow. I feel like sometimes we are so used to waking up, going to work and doing the same thing over and over again that it’s so normal to us. Almost second nature and when that happens we unfortunately start taking it for granted. Life is too short for us to not forgive, to not show love, to not be kind, to not be happy, to not have fun. Life is way too short and too sudden. Please don’t take it for granted.